Recipe by Mims & Squims
This is my thrown together at the last minute meal, and it's a winner every time. Recently tweaked for better flavor!
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 4 white corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the more you add the spicier the tacos!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all seasoning ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown meat in large skillet. Add seasoning mixture and 2/3 cup water; mix thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm tortillas in microwave (20-30 seconds should do it).
- Spoon meat into warmed tortillas.
- Top as desired.