Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are quick to make and taste better than the seasonings you can get in the packets.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 small tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- tomatoes, diced
- In a medium bowl combine the beef with the flour, salt, minced onion, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder Use your hands to mix evenly.
- Heat skillet to med/low heat.
- Add beef mixture and water to the pan.
- Brown the beef, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave, wrapped in damp paper towels.
- Spread meat into tortillas, top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.
These are the best!! No more trouble than the usual way and so much better! I doubled the recipe , cause we love tacos so much. It was a good thing I did. I don't think there would have been enough! I fed 6, and we devoured all of it!! Will be using this recipe a lot. Thanks John!
these are some sissy taco's!! lol. I'm a born and raised texan, and these needed some serious help. I added chopped black olives, a tsp cumin, a tsp cayenne, and extra 1/2 tsp chili powder and a 1.2 cup chopped onion. These were okay, but if you like some heat and "real tacos" this may not be for you. Good and quick though.
Son said they were great, daughter didn't complain, husband didn't say. 4X's recipe, may have needed a bit less flour. I did add fresh onions and small amount of cumin, I also added some salsa since I thought it was too floury. I used very lean meat, maybe that is why the flour was overpowering. Will make again!!