Recipe by longhornmel
My husband grew up with this meal and still loves it! Kid-friendly and can add or subract ingredients without losing much flavor. We make this all the time.
Top Review by mommyfor7
I've been making this since 1972 when I found the recipe on a box of minute rice. Over the years, our family grew to 8, so I'd quadruple recipe. Everyone loved it. As the kids got older, and worked, they'd take leftovers for lunch and would heat up in microwave. Still a hit, made it tonight, for two.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the beef boullion cube in the 1 cup of water.
- Brown beef and drain.
- To the beef, add onion, green pepper, seasonings, tomatoes, corn, and bullion with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 mintues, fluff with fork.