Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband grew up with this meal and still loves it! Kid-friendly and can add or subract ingredients without losing much flavor. We make this all the time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- Dissolve the beef boullion cube in the 1 cup of water.
- Brown beef and drain.
- To the beef, add onion, green pepper, seasonings, tomatoes, corn, and bullion with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 mintues, fluff with fork.
My mother used to make this all the time when I was growing up. I loved it! She's gone now, and this is the best comfort food. I never could quite make it just like hers until I found this recipe. Thanks so much! So easy and quick to make! It is great as leftovers as well!
Turned out really good! So easy to throw together! We had enough for a big dinner (for 2), Lunch the next day (put it in tortillas with a bit of salsa and cheese...was really good!) and then dinner again the next day! Thanks for a keeper!
This turned out so good!!! I did follow the recomendation of the previous review and added extra chili powder,cumin and red pepper. With those additions this turned out awesome! I little spicey but very good! I did also use ground turkey instead of beef. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. This was very simple so I will be making it often. Thanks for a great recipe!