Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Philipe Chow
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips about 8 strips
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup carrot juice
- 8 inches bamboo skewers (Make sure to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before cooking)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (for frying)
- Mix flour, cornstarch, eggs, canola oil and carrot juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the beef and mix gently, making sure the beef does not separate.
- Let sit in fridge for at least an hour, then take each strip of steak and thread through the skewer. Set aside.
- Put a large pan on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Place skewers on one side for about 2 minutes and then flip and fry for another 2 minutes, depending on how thick the beef is.
- Take any sauce you like on your beef, be it flavored mayonnaise or peanut satay sauce (which you can find in the Asian aisle of the supermarket), and spread to taste on top of the skewers.
- Pair with sauteed vegetables or fried rice, if desired.