Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
While looking for iron-rich ideas I came across this recipe in the local newspaper and thought it would be good served with a tossed salad.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef roast, cut into 3-4-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a small bowl or marinating dish combine all ingredients except for the beef, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add meat to marinade and stir to cover all the beef. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes.
- Thread cubes alternating the beef with the green pepper and onion pieces.
- Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes or until done, turning often.
Yummy! I love the flavors in the marinade! Spicy and sweet! My family loved this, even though I slightly overcooked it. Thanks Ellie, a friend has suggested he bring over a venison ham and we make this recipe! :)