Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens October 2010. Magazine suggests to serve with polenta, cousous, or mashed potatoes. Recipe calls for hickory or mesquite-flavor barbecue sauce. I used Jack Daniels grilling sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin tip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 ounces roasted sweet red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- Trim meat and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks, sprinkle with paprika. In a 12in skillet heat oil over med-high heat. Brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain roasted peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and liquid to skillet. Add BBQ sauce. Cook, uncovered, 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to skillet: heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.