1/3 Photos of Beef Sirloin Stir-Fry With Orange-Garlic Sauce
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
Serve this fresh, attractive and garlicky stir-fry with rice and a green vegetable. From HomeMaker's yet again, and more to come.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef across grain into thin strips; mix with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the soy sauce, cornstarch and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper.
- 2Cut carrots into thirds; thinly slice lengthwise.
- 3Grate 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the orange rind; place in small bowl.
- 4Juice orange (you should have 1/2 cup/125 mL), discarding pulp; add juice to bowl with remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil; stir in generous pinch of sugar until dissolved. Set aside.
- 5In wok or skillet, heat 1 cup (250 mL) oil over high heat; fry half of the beef until lightly browned, 30 to 60 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer to sieve set over bowl to drain any remaining oil. Repeat with remaining beef. Fry carrots until edges are browned, 4 to 5 minutes; using slotted spoon, transfer to sieve.
- 6Pour out all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Add garlic and pinch of salt; stir-fry until golden, about 20 seconds. Add orange mixture; when boiling, add beef and carrots. Stir-fry until sauce is thickened, about 30 seconds. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with onion.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Sirloin Stir-Fry With Orange-Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 476.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: