Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from Brand-Name Recipes/Crisco Cookbook. This makes a great warming dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, julienne strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube
- Trim beef of fat.
- Cut beef into strips or medium chunks Mix flour salt and pepper in a PAPER BAG. Add beef to bag and shake to coat beef pieces.
- Heat Crisco oil in pan and add beef and any remaining flour mixture.
- Brown beef on all sides and add onion and carrots, basil and marjoram.
- Add wine and boil covered.
- Reduce heat and cook for 25 minutes. When beef is tender and cooked transfer beef and vegetables to a platter and set aside.
- Reserve drippings in the pan add water mixed with the bouillon cube to the pan and stir until bubbly and thickened.
- Return meat and vegetables back to pan and serve.
- This is good served over cooked rice or mashed potatoes.
This was a good recipe. We used beef round and cut the steak into slices. I liked the addition of white wine and I poured the reduction over the beef. Served it over rice.