Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
If you don't want beef shortribs, try the sauce on something else. It's a good, sweet barbecue sauce. It's another one of my father's old recipes. I think he adapted it from Southern Living.
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (not dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet (with no oil or shortening), brown shortribs on all sides, then cover and cook for an hour at low heat and drain off drippings from pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour sauce over shortribs in pan, cover tightly, and cook 1 1/2 hours longer at low temperature (or until meat is tender).