Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is posted on behalf of the Yahoo Group SillyYaks. I made this recipe the other day using Beef Shortribs, but you could also use this recipe for Pork Ribs. My husband and I gave it a "10". I get recipes on the Chitterling website, and they are usually family recipes that other members send in. Of course it isn't a gluten-free site, but for desserts I just change the recipes. Donna S. in Oregon
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I like garlic and used more)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Brown ribs in a large skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat for one hour.
- Drain off pan drippings.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over ribs.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- At least using your own ingredients, you don't have to wonder about gluten!
This was fantastic, we really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting!
Not particular about gluten free or not but tried this with beef ribs and it was excellent. Gonna try it with pork soon and really looking forward to it. Thanx for posting Dove!
I cooked this yesterday for my family. Everyone LOVED it! The sauce was just amazing, tangy but, sweet. My meat was SO tender that it just fell off the bones. I would definitely make this again and recommend it to others.Thanks for the great recipe!