Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
This is posted on behalf of the Yahoo Group SillyYaks. I made this recipe the other day using Beef Shortribs, but you could also use this recipe for Pork Ribs. My husband and I gave it a "10". I get recipes on the Chitterling website, and they are usually family recipes that other members send in. Of course it isn't a gluten-free site, but for desserts I just change the recipes. Donna S. in Oregon
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I like garlic and used more)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ribs in a large skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat for one hour.
- Drain off pan drippings.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over ribs.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- At least using your own ingredients, you don't have to wonder about gluten!