3 hrs 10 mins
A tubular type pasta is best served with this such as Rigatoni or Penne but also goes well with polenta. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 meaty short beef ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 230 g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a heavy oven proof pan, heat the olive oil and brown the ribs well on all sides. Remove the ribs and drain off all but a couple of teaspoons of fat.
- 2Add the onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms and garlic and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- 3Add the wine and cook over hight heat until it is reduced by more than half.
- 4Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Mix well and add the ribs back into the pan.
- 5Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the ribs to a cutting board and cut the meat away from the bone and connective tissue. Chop the meat finely and return it to the pan. Add the fresh parsley and mix well.
- 6Cook your pasta of choice until cooked. Drain and add a couple of scoops of warm sauce to the pasta and stir.
- 7Serve the pasta with sauce on top and some parmesan cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Short Ribs Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: