Recipe by Bec
Makes six 8 inch skewers. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988. Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered (or use a bunch of plum tomatoes, if desired)
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from steak and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, bay leaf and pepper.
- Add beef and cover, turning occasionally, for at least 3 hours.
- Thread beef cubes on skewers alternately with vegetables.
- Grill kabobs over medium-hot coals, three minutes a side for rare or until desired doneness.
- Baste with marinade during cooking.