Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home, marinade uses ketchup.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-1 1/2 inch chunks
- Combine first five ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag, reserving half of the marinade. Add beef, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat and veggies alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning often or until meat reaches desired doneness and veggies are tender.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove the meat and veggies from skewers; serve with marinade.