Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Japanese recipe recommended to me by a friend.
- 200 g shirataki noodles, drained
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 300 g filet of beef, sliced paper thin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger juice
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- Place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 1 minute, separating the noodles with chopsticks.
- Drain and cut into 10 cm lengths.
- Bring the sauce, sugar and mirin to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the beef and cook just until the meat changes colour.
- Strain the beef over a heatproof bowl and return the sauce to the same saucepan.
- Add the onions and noodles to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Return the beef, add the ginger juice and heat through.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with beef and noodles and about 1/4 cup of the sauce.
Liked it! If you haven't tried shirataki (tofu and yam) noodles...you'll be happily surprised! They taste great and are low in carbs and calories. I used pork instead of beef and wasn't skilled enough to get it paper thin. This is a fast and easy recipe, with good flavor if you like soy sauce but VERY salty, even using light soy. I think some water or low sodium broth mixed in the sauce would help cut down on the saltiness.