Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a simple and great tasting recipe. I would say it is similar to beef tips with gravy. The recipe has you put the beef mixture over egg noodles, but I also like it over mashed potatoes. I also add in fresh mushrooms. It tastes awesome!
- 3⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Combine sherry, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, water, and stew meat in a roaster pan.
- Cook at 250 degrees for 3 to 4 hours (until tender) stirring occasionally and adding water if needed.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Great, simple recipe. I like mine over egg noodles more than potatoes but to each their own! The sauce is really easy and has a great flavor. You can really taste the sherry wine, and it's so good. Thanks for this!
This was an easy, delicious recipe. I made mine in the crock pot on high for about 3 hours. The sauce didn't seem to thicken at all, so I added a little flour. Next time I will use a roaster pan as stated. I am also going to add in some fresh mushrooms next time. We will be making this recipe again. Thanks!!!