Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with lemon wedges, salad and coleslaw.
- 5 minute steaks, thinly cut
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 ounces dried breadcrumbs
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
- Stretch a piece of plastic wrap over a chopping board; lay the steaks on top of plastic wrap; put another piece of plastic wrap on top. Use a rolling pin to bash the steaks until they are really flat and thin.
- Mix the flour and paprika with some salt and pepper on a plate.
- Put the egg and breadcrumbs on two separate plates.
- Dip the steaks in the flour first, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook one of the schnitzels for about 1 minute on each side until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
- Repeat steps 4,5, and 6 for the other schnitzels.
- Serve with lemon wedges, salad and coleslaw.
First time making Beef Schnitzel at home, TRUE!
Don't know why, associate this with DH ordering out too!
Was SO simple, easy to do!
Served with cracked pepper sauce, recipe got the WHOO HOO! :)
So you make beef schnitzel, too. Here, let me help you serve that, hold my drink.