Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Serve over parsley buttered broad noodles.
- 3 lbs round steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Melt butter in deep pan, add cubed steak and brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Cook until the onions are soft but not brown.
- Remove the steak and onions from the pan.
- Blend flour with butter remaining in the pan.
- Add the water, coffee and seasonings.
- Stir until slightly thick.
- Return the meat and onions to the pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.