Recipe by Evie*
really popular barbecue dish
Top Review by Wolfman
I liked it! I let the beef cubes marinate for ~5 hours and they were quite flavorful. I imagine it could only be better if marinated longer. I had a slight user error on the peanut sauce, since I accidentally bought orange-pineapple juice instead of the straight pineapple juice listed in the ingredients. The sauce was okay, but I suspect a stronger pineapple flavor would have improved it. All in all, easy to make and good eatin'!
- 800 g rump steak
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak.
- Cut into 1cm cubes and thread them onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Place the satays in a shallow, non-metal dish.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic and ginger in a small jug and pour over the satays.
- Store in fridge, covered with plastic wrap, for several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place the skewers onto heated lightly oiled grill or flatplate on the barbecue.
- Barbecue 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Serve with the Peanut Sauce-------Peanut Sauce-------.
- Combine juice, peanut butter, garlic and onion powders and sauces in a small pan and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve warm.