Bold flavoured bites make tasty appetizers! From Cooking Smart for a Healthy Heart.
Make and share this Beef Satays With Asian Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 118.29 ml rice vinegar
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red bell pepper
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml finely chopped shallot
- 7.39 ml grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4.92-7.39 ml chili-garlic sauce (can be purchased in most supermarkets or Asian markets, careful, very hot!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 large yellow bell peppers or 3 large red bell peppers, cut into 8 triangles each
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 scallions, sliced into 3 inch pieces
- Soak 24- 6 inch wooden or bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Freeze steak 20 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, red pepper, sugar, shallot, ginger, chile garlic sauce, and lemon zest in small serving bowl to make dipping sauce.
- Blanch yellow peppers in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss in medium bowl with 2 tablespoons dipping sauce.
- Preheat broiler or BBQ.
- Slice steak into 24 very thin strips and sprinkle with salt.
- Thread 1 beef strip, 1 yellow pepper triangle and 1 scallion piece onto each skewer, twisting meat as you go.
- Broil or BBQ until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve 2 satays per person, with dipping sauce.