Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Skip the takeout. With just a few ingredients (including salad dressing mix) you can make beef satay yourself.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 ounce) packagegood seasons roasted garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 1 lb presliced sirloin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- wooden skewer (soaked in water)
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the dressing mix, and 3/4 cup water and set aside.
- If the beef strips have not already been flattened, gently pound them flat with a rolling pin. In a bowl, toss together the beef, oil, and remaining salad-dressing mix. Coat each strip of beef well and thread a skewer through it.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the satays hot with the dipping sauce.
YUMMY! This was great, with minimal work involved. What a great idea, pulling the flavor from a dry dressing mix. It does make a ton of sauce, so, I'm planning a chicken stir-fry, with my leftover dipping sauce. (Maybe peanut noodles too! LOL) We enjoyed the flavor, and will definitely be making this again! Thanks for sharing, JackieOhNo,