Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Weber's Big Book of Grilling
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Make the marinade: in a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together with ¼ cup water.
- Cut beef into ¾-inch cubes; place the cubes in a large zip-lock plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly; turn the bag to distribute marinade; place in a bowl and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Remove meat from the bag, reserving marinade; thread meat onto skewers, leaving space between the cubes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill beef cubes over direct high heat until medium-rare, 3-5 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat, and boil for 1 minute.
- Add in the peanut butter, return to a boil, and whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Serve warm with the beef skewers.