9 hrs 10 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Optional toppings include sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms. Also, instead of the water, you can substitute with more beef stock if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put beef roast in slow cooker.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine Beef broth, Onion soup mix, Au Jus seasoning and water and stir until combined. Pour mixture over beef, put cover on slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 3An hour before serving, shred meat with two forks or take it out and slice thinly. Place meat back in the slow cooker for another hour.
- 4When ready to serve, place several slices of beef on roll, add sliced mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler (or use broil option on toaster oven).
- 5Watch carefully, broil for just a couple of minutes until cheese is melted and roll is just slightly toasted.
- 6Serve sandwich with a bit of Au Jus from the slow cooker (you may want to strain it first). Also, I added just a bit more beef broth to our Au Jus.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Sandwiches With Au Jus Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 1859.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak