Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Horseradish and beef, common sandwich partners, pair up once again. Here the horseradish seasons crunchy broccoli slaw.
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packaged shredded broccoli coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted (1/2 inches slice)
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, chives, brown mustard, hoseradish, sugar, and salt. Add shredded broccoli; toss to coat.
- To assemble, divide roast beef among 4 of the bread slices. Top with broccoli mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. If desired, secure sandwiches with wooden toothpicks.
this was so yummy! the slaw really jazzes this recipe up!! actually, the dressing for the slaw would be a great sauce for beef tenderloin or any beef sandwich!!! i used 1 lbs. roast beef that i added to a pan of caramelized onions. i added a little balsamic vinegar, worchestershire, and red wine and let it reduce. i placed my beef on thinly sliced and toasted sourdough baguette pieces. i topped the beef with white cheddar and then broiled til melty. then i topped the sammys with the slaw, then the top piece of bread and then inserted a toothpick in the middle! these were very cute and tasty! it made 15 mini sammys! will make this again and again! thanks for the keeper!
WOW! This was a wonderful sandwich and healthy for you too! I added extra horseradish and served it on sourdough rolls that I tasted. Excellent! Made for Recipe Swap.