2 hrs 10 mins
This is a Filipino recipe and whenever I bring this for lunch at work, my officemates can't help but "sample" it. The beef is tender and juicy with a buttery-garlic flavor. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (or other tender cut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- 2Marinate beef chunks in garlic-oil mixture for a couple of hours or more in the fridge.
- 3Saute marinated beef (including marinade) in VERY hot oil.
- 4Keep stirring until beef chunks are browned evenly.
- 5DO NOT lower heat.
- 6Add oyster sauce and liquid seasoning.
- 7Cook a few seconds more; add butter last.
- 8Remove from heat and serve immediately over hot steamed rice.
- 9*Note:Cooking time should be about 10 minutes or less to keep beef tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Salpicao (stir-fried Garlic Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 502.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: