Recipe by bluemuffin
This is a Filipino recipe and whenever I bring this for lunch at work, my officemates can't help but "sample" it. The beef is tender and juicy with a buttery-garlic flavor. :)
Top Review by Michele
February 10, 2012
Made this again this evening for dinner, this time I added rice to the beef mixture, it was yummy. My family really enjoys this recipe. thanks.
Nov. 4, 2008
Had this dish for supper last night, all my kids loved it, even my picky eaters.
I like the idea of adding the butter last, awesome.
This is absolutley delicious. Wouldn't change a thing.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (or other tender cut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- Marinate beef chunks in garlic-oil mixture for a couple of hours or more in the fridge.
- Saute marinated beef (including marinade) in VERY hot oil.
- Keep stirring until beef chunks are browned evenly.
- DO NOT lower heat.
- Add oyster sauce and liquid seasoning.
- Cook a few seconds more; add butter last.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over hot steamed rice.
- *Note:Cooking time should be about 10 minutes or less to keep beef tender.