Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy (and a little different). Another family favorite. Great when you've got to get dinner on the table fast!
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 6 Greek olives, pitted & sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced good quality deli roast beef
- Combine first 5 ingredient, toss, let stand 5 minutes.
- spread 1 1/2 Tbs (about) cream cheese inside each bread half, fill each with equal portions of salad mixture and roast beef.
We enjoyed these pita sandwiches. For a change from our norm, I didn't change anything in this recipe. Easy, quick & tasty dish, thanks for sharing.
This was very good. I made it exactly as you stated but we dont' like olives so we left them out but we added a slice of provalone cheese. I served potato salad and a tall glass of iced tea with these sandwiches. Very fast, tasty and perfect for those hot summer days where you don't feel like cooking!! Thanks for sharing, we will be making these again.