Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A hearty salad that's great served either warm or cold.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice or 1 cup wild rice
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken soup powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups bagged broccoli, slaw (or mixture of small broccoli flowerets & carrot slices)
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno jack cheese, havarti or 3⁄4 cup gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups cooked roast beef, shaved or thinly sliced cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup fat-reduced honey mustard dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- fresh ground pepper
- Rinse rice with hot water; drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add rice and soup mix; bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 to 60 minutes or until most of water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Drain any remaining liquid and let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, toss next 6 ingredients with rice.
- In 1 cup measure, combine dressing, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Pour over rice mixture and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve immediately while still warm or cover and refrigerate to chill before serving.