Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in magazine and I put some ingredients and taste good.
- 100 g lean sirloin steaks
- 1 large red onion, finely slice
- 1⁄2 cucumber, finely slice into matchsticks
- 8 -10 iceberg lettuce
- 1 small carrot, finely slice into matchsticks
- fresh ginger, finely slice into matchsticks
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 red chilies, finely sliced,to garnish
- fresh coriander
- mint leaf
- Grill the sirlion steaks until they are medium-rare,then alow to rest for 13 minutes.
- When cool,thinly slice the beef and put the slices in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced onion,cucumber,lettuce,carrot,gið) and lemon grass.
- In small bowl put the sugar with water,lime juice,Rice wine and fish sauce and mix well into a large bowl.
- Add the spring Onion, chillies,coriader and mint to garnished.
I use a similar recipe for Yum Na Salad. Some steps missing (why I rated medium) in this recipe are to lay the veggies down on a bed of lettuce (never use iceberg, use romaine, red leaf, etc), arrange the meet slices on the veggies and pour the dressing over all. The proper way to eat this is to serve with sticky rice and romaine lettuce leaves. Pick up some meat and veggies and place in lettuce leaf with a small ball of sticky rice which you have dipped in the dressing on the plate. Roll up and eat out of hand.