Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You can make the roll ups the night before and just set up to cook in the a.m. An easy meal to come home to. You can also use boneless chicken breast for this recipe with little change.
- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar meatless sauce
- pasta (of your choice)
- parmesan cheese (to top if desired)
- Cut the meat into 6 pieces and pound each piece to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine the vegetables, Parmesan cheese and seasonings: place 1/3 cup in the center of each piece.
- Roll meat up around filling and secure them with toothpicks.
- Brown the roll ups in oil in a skillet.
- Transfer the roll ups to a 5 qt.
- slow cooker and top with spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Cook Pasta.
- Take the toothpick out and serve roll up over pasta.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired.
AWESOME!!!! and easy. I deglazed the saute pan with a 1/2 cup of red wine and added more veggies
The red meat eaters in the house (not me) loved this. I was concerned that I didn't have enough liquid when started so added additional jar of sauce. It reduced really well, turning into a fragrent and tasty sauce. Will subsitute chicken next time so I get to taste. Thanks - its a keeper!
Thanks for the recipe. I was looking for a way to use top round steaks. This one was great because it wasn't the same old gravy type of recipe. This recipe was tasty and simple. I omitted the zucchini since I didn't have any on hand. The food processor was a fast way of chopping the veggies. I also added a few frozen chicken tenders to the sauce when it was cooking. It turned out really yummy!