Recipe by Tish
You can make the roll ups the night before and just set up to cook in the a.m. An easy meal to come home to. You can also use boneless chicken breast for this recipe with little change.
- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar meatless sauce
- pasta (of your choice)
- parmesan cheese (to top if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the meat into 6 pieces and pound each piece to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine the vegetables, Parmesan cheese and seasonings: place 1/3 cup in the center of each piece.
- Roll meat up around filling and secure them with toothpicks.
- Brown the roll ups in oil in a skillet.
- Transfer the roll ups to a 5 qt.
- slow cooker and top with spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Cook Pasta.
- Take the toothpick out and serve roll up over pasta.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired.