1/4 Photos of Beef Rouladen
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Audrey M's Note:
A dish that isn't to difficult to prepare but is great for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slice bacon, halved
- 680.38 g thinly sliced round steaks, 1/4 inch thick
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 3 medium dill pickles, quartered lengthwise
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 304.75 g can campbell's beefy mushrooms or 304.75 g can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml celery
- 118.29 ml parsnip (optional)
- 3 carrots, halved lengthwise and quartered
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
- 2Cut meat into 6 pieces 6 x 4 inches.
- 3Pound meat.
- 4Spread each piece of meat with 1 teaspoon mustard.
- 5Place 2 pieces of pickle and 4 pieces of carrot across the narrow end; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons onion.
- 6Starting at narrow end; roll up.
- 7Tuck in ends; fasten with toothpicks.
- 8Brown roll-ups in drippings; pour off fat.
- 9Stir in soup, celery, parsnips and parsley.
- 10Cover, cook over low heat 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 11Stir occasionally.
- 12Thin with water if desired.
- 13Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 14Garnish with bacon.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Rouladen
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 469.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g