1/6 Photos of Beef Rouladen
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe, from the Dec/Jan 1996 issue of Taste of Home has been a family favorite since the first time i made it. It does require a little effort, but it's worth every minute. I make this on a regular basis, as well as when we have company over. I always serve homemade dinner rolls with it but traditionally it may have been served with potato dumplings. I usually will slice my 8 meat slices in half, lengthwise, to create 16 smaller slices, which are easier to handle. *Note: Most recipes include a dill pickle slice in each roll, and after trying it with pickles my family loves this recipe even more! I've added the pickle as an optional ingredient. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread mustard on one side of each slice of meat.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Place one strip of bacon, dill pickle slice (if using), and a few onion wedges on each slice of meat; roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 4Put oil in dutch oven or other large pan and brown meat; drain.
- 5Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 7Remove meat and keep warm.
- 8Combine flour and water until smooth and slowly stir into broth.
- 9Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 10Remove wooden pics from meat and return to gravy; heat through.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Rouladen
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 559.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g