Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another quick, inexpensive dinner made mostly with what you have on hand. I usually always have these ingredients in my freezer or in my pantry. I love this because it doesn't keep me in the kitchen all night during the week.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (1/2 can)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (more if you like cheese like we do)
- 2 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni (dried)
- Sauté onion & garlic on medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn heat up to medium high & add beef. Cook until no pink remains.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, & parmesan cheese and lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni while beef mixture is simmering. Drain and combine macaroni & beef mixture together. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Pairs well with bread & a salad. Enjoy!
Excellent weeknight recipe. As another reviewer noted, this is really a lot of macaroni; I cooked the entire amount but ended up not stirring in about a cup (cooked). The parmesan cheese gives the sauce a slightly creamy flavor. My picky eaters loved it.
I used diced tomatoes with basil and oregano. I found that there was way too much pasta. For the amount of ground beef and tomatoes, I'll use 1 1/2 cups of dried pasta the next time I make it. We did like the recipe. It was almost as good as Stouffer's.
A nice, quick meal to put together. I doubled the tomato sauce because it wasn't moist enough for me with only 8 ounces. I also added basil and oregano. I served this garnished with extra shredded cheese. This is a good one for kids and adults. Thanx for sharing!