Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, low-fat and deliciously different.
- 4 cube steaks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4 strips 3 long
- Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 strips 3 long
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Coat each steak with dijon mustard then onion.
- Place several strips of celery and carrots in the center.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll steak around the veggies and secure with string or dental floss.
- Place in a skillet and brown with oil then add the tomatoes and bouillon which has been dissolved in water.
- Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat or until meat is done.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/3 cup water, stir into skillet and turn the burner on high and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Delicious served over rice.
- I also like to double the sauce and add extra veggies to the pot.