Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family recipe that is cheap and easy to make. My grandma had to feed her kids somehow on a low budget and this was something she came up with then taught my dad's sister who then taught my mom, who taught me.
- 2 ounces Pillsbury refrigerated butter flake crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 9 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef until no pink is left. Drain grease.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour beef into a large bowl and stir in bbq sauce.
- Unroll a croissant package onto baking sheet.
- Spread bbq ground beef onto the croissant layer.
- Spread cheese evenly over ground beef.
- Cover with second can of croissant rolls.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes, or until croissants are golden brown.
So easy and so comforting! I made half recipe with ground turkey and low-fat cheddar. Thanks for sharing a great recipe Bowen! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
This was a quick and easy week night meal! The only change I made was to add some seasoned salt and pepper to the meat since there wasn't any listed. I also pressed together all the seams and the top and bottom pieces of the crescents to make sure the filling did not come out. I cooked mine for 20 minutes and it didn't get too browned and the dough was no longer gooey. Made for New Kid on the Block Tag January 2010.