1/4 Photos of Beef Rolls in Red Wine Tomato Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Beef Braciole -- These tasty, tender beef rolls are cooked in a robust tomato and wine sauce. Posting this for ZWT7. The recipe comes from http://www.italianfoodforever.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut Into 6 strips measuring 3 to 4 inches wide
- 4 garlic cloves, finely Minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Pound each piece of the beef into thin slices. Spread a little bit of the minced garlic, chopped rosemary and grated cheese over each slice. Cover this with a slice of prosciutto, and roll up into a small bundle, securing each with toothpicks.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown all of the bundles well on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a separate dish, and add the onion, carrots, and celery to the skillet.
- 3Cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the wine, and cook up until it is reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- 4Add the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, until the sauce has begun to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the toothpicks from the bundles, and return them to the skillet. Add the fresh parsley, and cook until heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- 6Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Rolls in Red Wine Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: