A twist on the usual chicken version. These freeze well without the gravy. A twist on the usual chicken version.**edited on October 24 to add instructions for Once a Month Cooking(see step 11) I usually make these during a cooking blitz and freeze them without the gravy until I need them**
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix, dry
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (can be blended in a blender for finer crumbs)
- 8 slices ham or 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Make 8 thin patties.
- Place 1 piece of ham or bacon and 1 piece of cheese in the middle of each.
- Fold over and be sure the cheese and bacon are covered.
- Whip 2 eggs.
- Dip the beef rolls into the egg, then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place into casserole dish.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done.
- Make gravy with milk, flour, and soup.
- Pour over rolls and bake until sauce bubbles.
- **I usually bake these as directed without gravy, cool, and then freeze in a ziploc bag. Defrost overnight and then add sauce and bake for 1 hour. OR bake from frozen for 1 hour and then top with sauce and back for an additional hour**.