Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is good recipe from BHG. I havn't try this one but I love roast; so I will make it soon.
- 1814.36 g beef rib eye roast
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml pepper (optional)
- seasoning, of your choice
- Place meat, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Season roast with salt, pepper and other spices, if desired.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat.
- Do not add water or other liquid; do not cover.
- Roast in a 350 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare or until meat thermometer registers 140 degree F; or for 2 to 2-1/4 hours for medium or until meat thermometer registers 155 degree F.
- Remove the roast from the oven; cover with foil and let it stand 15 minutes.
- The meat's temperature will rise 5 degrees during the time it stands.
- Serve with Beef au Jus, if desired.
- Beef au Jus: After removing meat from the oven, spoon drippings from pan; skim fat.
- Add 2 cups boiling water to pan, stirring and scraping crusty browned bits off the bottom.
- Stir in pan drippings.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- For a richer flavor, stir in 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules.
- Season to taste.
Awesome! This tasted like prime rib you get at a fancy restaurant. For the price of one meal I got a whole 2-1/2 lb roast. Unbelievable. Easy to make.
thank you....had been looking for proportions for the au jus....but I did use a tiny bit of cornstarch to thicken just a tad...cornstarch keeps it clear..thanks again