1/1 Photo of Beef Rolled Rib Roast au Jus
2 hrs 15 mins
This is good recipe from BHG. I havn't try this one but I love roast; so I will make it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place meat, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2Season roast with salt, pepper and other spices, if desired.
- 3Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat.
- 4Do not add water or other liquid; do not cover.
- 5Roast in a 350 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare or until meat thermometer registers 140 degree F; or for 2 to 2-1/4 hours for medium or until meat thermometer registers 155 degree F.
- 6Remove the roast from the oven; cover with foil and let it stand 15 minutes.
- 7The meat's temperature will rise 5 degrees during the time it stands.
- 8Serve with Beef au Jus, if desired.
- 9Beef au Jus: After removing meat from the oven, spoon drippings from pan; skim fat.
- 10Add 2 cups boiling water to pan, stirring and scraping crusty browned bits off the bottom.
- 11Stir in pan drippings.
- 12Cook and stir until bubbly.
- 13For a richer flavor, stir in 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules.
- 14Season to taste.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Rolled Rib Roast au Jus
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 26.4 g