Recipe by JoAnn
Tender roast with gravy. Minimal effort required for such a flavorful meal.
Top Review by Nana_of_5
I did this recipe in my crock pot,on low for 8 hours and it turned out wonderfully,The roast was so tender and gravy was so flavorful,served with mashed potatoes and gingered baby carrots Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!
- 1 (6 lb) beef eye round
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub roast with oil.
- Mash garlic with salt and pepper and rub over roast and insert garlic in roast by making slits.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a Dutch oven, place roast in and brown on all sides.
- After browning, place roast in the middle of a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Pour soup over roast, sprinkle the onion soup mix over this.
- Seal the foil securely and place entire package into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for three hours.
- When you open the foil, the gravy is done and the meat is very tender.