Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tender roast with gravy. Minimal effort required for such a flavorful meal.
Make and share this Beef Roast With Golden Mushroom Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 lb) beef eye round
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, mashed
- Rub roast with oil.
- Mash garlic with salt and pepper and rub over roast and insert garlic in roast by making slits.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a Dutch oven, place roast in and brown on all sides.
- After browning, place roast in the middle of a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Pour soup over roast, sprinkle the onion soup mix over this.
- Seal the foil securely and place entire package into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for three hours.
- When you open the foil, the gravy is done and the meat is very tender.
I did this recipe in my crock pot,on low for 8 hours and it turned out wonderfully,The roast was so tender and gravy was so flavorful,served with mashed potatoes and gingered baby carrots Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!
Everything went very well for a non-cook like myself. Wasn't too sure abooout the garlic being too strong. So, I just rubbed it on and didn't insert. My wife, the cook, liked it.
This was good but I will add some red pepper flakes and more garlic next time. I also will cook in a crockpot next time. I like dutchoven cooking but I also like low maintenance cooking.