Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe is amazingly easy and good! I got it from the Betty Crocker "Simple Slow Cooker" Magazine. Great For That Sunday Night Meal.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 medium carrots, coarsley chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cook bacon in 12 inch non stick skillet over medium heat,stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp; remove from skillet with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon fat in skillet.
- If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef wth garlic pepper. Cook beef in bacon fat in skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
- Spray 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beef in cooker. Top with bacon and carrots. Mix green chiles, broth, chili sauce and flour in small bowl; pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
- Place beef on platter; remove netting or strings. Stir gravy in cooker; serve with beef.
After 10 1/2 hours cooking time, this made for a very nice easy to cut, fall apart roast, nice and tender. The beef broth, chili sauce together really made for a nice sauce. Spicy, but not too spicy, that gave the roast a nice zing to it. made for onegreat main dish for dinner. Made for Holiday Tag.
I loved this Roast, It was so tender and it just fell apart (just how I like it) it was Spicy but not toooo spicy. A little bit greasy though as can be expected by the ingredients. over all it was fantastic. I will do this one again for sure.