Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 -3 1⁄2 boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups onions, sliced to rings
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Coat meat with flour.
- Brown meat on Dutch oven with 2 tbsp oil.
- Add buillon granules and 1 1/4 cups hot water.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Add bay leaves for 3 minutes the remove.
- Stir together catsup, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour over meat.
- Sprinkle with raisins and cover.
- Continue baking 30-45 minutes until meat is tender.
- Serve with hot cook egg noodles.