Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
very tender, very juicy. makes lots of gravy great over mashed potatoes simple to make. melts in your mouth everyone who's tried this recipe agrees you won't find an easier or better tasting beef roast recipe anywhere.
- 3 1⁄2-5 lbs rump roast or 3 1⁄2-5 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- carrot (optional)
- potato (optional)
- Mix gravy, mushrooms, soup mix and Italian dressing; pour over beef roast.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour 15 minutes per pound at 300°F.
- Add carrots and/or potatoes during last hour, if desired.
- Cooking time is approximate, depending upon how big your roast is.
This was very easy. I must confess my husband and son enjoyed it more than me (although I ate my share LOL). I cooked it covered, and feel it would definitely have dried out had I done otherwise. I also found the remaining gravy very salty and toned it down with about 1-1/2 cups water. It was still thick enough. Next time I will add water to the original liquid and use a blade or cross-rib roast instead of the more pricey sirloin tip. BTW, this smells divine as it cooks!
I wasn't at all concerned about the ingredients. I have used Wishbone Italian forever, mixed with worchestershire to marinate steaks in. I never even thought of using for a roast. Yes, the gravey is FANTASTIC!!! Very Good!!!
I will admit that the combination of the ingredients for this recipe made me a skeptic. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how delicious and tender this roast was. It melted in my mouth and I received many compliments from my family who enjoyed it as much as I did. I highly recommend this recipe!