Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is an easy recipe and is loved by the family and friends
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounces mushrooms (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- I generally use a shoulder cut roast for this as it is very tender and makes good juices for gravy or noodles.
- Spray dutch oven with Pam: on top of stove add roast sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and pepper - brown on both sides, after browning add one medium onion quartered and sliced mushrooms. Remove, cover and place into a 325 oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven and let set with cover on about 5 minutes so the juices can absorb back into roast. Makes great gravy!
- For the one pot meal:.
- Can add baby carrots and new red potatoes during baking.