Recipe by carolinamom
This is a wonderful, easy to make casserole that is a family favorite. It looks so good with the tomatoes, peppers and Montery Jack Cheese on top. I make this in an electric skillet. Serve with a veggie or fruit salad and warm rolls and dinner is complete.
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb sirloin
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat electric skillet to 350.
- Brown beef; drain.
- Put beef back in pan, along with water, bullion cubes, rice, mustard, and onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and cook on med until rice is done and mixture thickens. about 25-30 minutes. About 5 minutes before finished, put tomatoes, peppers and the grated cheese on top to melt.