Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this easy recipe from one of my aunts at my bridal shower.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained or 113.39 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 425.24 g can beef broth
- 236.59 ml long grain rice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Add broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put rice in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour broth mixture over rice.
- Cover and bake 45-60 minutes.
I used canned whole mushrooms and tossed a handful of wild rice with the long grain rice and followed instructions as listed with great results. Very tasty rice dish, thanks for sharing your lovely recipe :)
mmm...delicious and easy. I have made it several times to rave reviews. Note, I tried to use low-sodium beef broth once and it was awful. I'll be sticking to full-salt from here on out. Thanks for a great one!
Very nice side dish. Easy to prepare too. I slowly cooked the onions to caramelize them before adding fresh mushrooms to the saute. Then I added a smidgen of thyme with the broth. My hubby really like this dish and asked me to save some to take in his lunch today. Thanks for sharing.