1/2 Photos of Beef Rib-Eye Roast With Potatoes, Mushrooms and Pan Gravy
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
You have selected a wonderful cut of beef, rib-eye roast is a whole cut of beef before it has been cut in to rib-eye steaks, follow the directions on this recipe and you will have a perfectly-cooked roast! --- plan well ahead the roast must be brought down to almost room temperature before cooking and this will take a few hours or more --- cooking time stated on this recipe is for a 4-pound roast and is only approximate, for a perfectly cooked roast a meat thermometer is required --- use not more than the stated amount of salt or it will draw out the juices form the meat when cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6-8 whole garlic cloves, sliced
- 1814.36 g beef rib eye roast
- 44.37-59.16 ml olive oil
- 2.46-4.92 ml seasoning salt or 2.46-4.92 ml white salt
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 59.14-78.07 ml low sodium beef broth
- 1814.36 g small potatoes, peeled (use very small potatoes or use larger and cut in half)
- 44.37-88.74 ml oil
- 453.59 g small white button mushroom
- 29.58 ml butter, very soft
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 (793.78 g) can beef broth
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 1Make slits in the roast and stuff it with garlic slices all over (you may do this the24 hours in advance).
- 2Rub the roast all over with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up.
- 4Allow the beef to come down to almost room temperature (this will take about 2-1/2 hours).
- 5Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Pour 1/4-1/3 cup beef broth in the bottom of the pan.
- 7Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
- 8Cook the roast for 40 minutes.
- 9After the 40 minutes of cooking the roast, toss the potatoes in oil and then add to the pan, stirring to coat with the meat juices, then season the potatoes with salt and pepper, continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
- 10After 20 minutes of cooking, add in the mushrooms to the pan, stirring to coat with the juices, and then continue to cook for another 40-50 minutes, depending on how you like your roast (your thermometer should read about 130F).
- 11Remove the roast to a cutting board, and transfer the potatoes and mushrooms to a platter.
- 12Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and skim off any fat accumulated on top.
- 13Pour the 2 cans of beef broth into the pan juices and bring to a boil; lower heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- 14Mix together the soft butter and flour in a small cup, the add into the saucepan with the tomato paste; whisking gently to combine.
- 15Slice the beef and serve with gravy, mushrooms and potatoes.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Rib-Eye Roast With Potatoes, Mushrooms and Pan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (634 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.8
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 965.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: