Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I found this in a magazine loaned to me by my neighbour. I just happen to have some skirt steak (which the recipe asks for) in my freezer, so will try this soon.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs steak, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) packetrendang curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (ketcap manis suggested)
- Heat 2 teaspoons the oil in a deep non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add a quarter of the steak and cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a plate and repeat this 3 times with the remaining steak and oil.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk and return the meat to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 1 1/4 hours or until tender.
- Add the coconut and ketcap manis and cook, stirring for a further 15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with rice.