Recipe by JoyfulCook
This is a tweaked version of a Womans Weekly Recipe totally delicious.with a bit of a zing. Great comfort food. The rich beef combined with the chilli's and wine gives it a special flavour.
- 50 g butter
- 1 kg beef, braising
- 1 onion, large brown, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 250 ml wine, dry red
- 250 ml beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, course black
- salt, to season
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice meat into 1 1/2 inch squares and set to one side. Heat butter in saucepan and cook beef in about 3 batches until sealed. Remove from pan.
- Cook garlic, onion,Chilli and mustard, stirring until onion is soft.
- Return beef to saucepan with the tomato and cook for a couple of minutes adding the , wine and stock.
- Simmer for 1 hour adding the seasoning and the flat parsley - thicken if necessary.
- Served with vegetables of your choice and enjoy!