1/1 Photo of Beef, Red Wine and Chilli Casserole/Stew
1 hr 30 mins
This is a tweaked version of a Womans Weekly Recipe totally delicious.with a bit of a zing. Great comfort food. The rich beef combined with the chilli's and wine gives it a special flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g butter
- 1 kg beef, braising
- 1 onion, large brown, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup wine, dry red
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, course black
- salt, to season
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Dice meat into 1 1/2 inch squares and set to one side. Heat butter in saucepan and cook beef in about 3 batches until sealed. Remove from pan.
- 2Cook garlic, onion,Chilli and mustard, stirring until onion is soft.
- 3Return beef to saucepan with the tomato and cook for a couple of minutes adding the , wine and stock.
- 4Simmer for 1 hour adding the seasoning and the flat parsley - thicken if necessary.
- 5Served with vegetables of your choice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Red Wine and Chilli Casserole/Stew
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1223.5
- Calories from Fat 1126
- Total Fat 125.1 g
- Saturated Fat 53.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 192.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: