6 hrs 15 mins
From Family Circle mag January 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Place carrots, celery, onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- 2In a large bowl, mix vegetables, ground beef, diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, sugar and beans. Add half of each: Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- 3Place mixture in a 6 quart slow cooker and cook 5 1/2 hours on high or 8 1/2 hours on low.
- 4Stir in remaining Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- 5For 8 servings, toss half the meat sauce with rigatoni; serve with grated cheese, if desired. Reserve other half of the sauce for future meals. May be frozen, tightly covered, for up to 2 months.
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Sauce Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Ragu With Beans
Serving Size: 1 (3610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 658.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: